Thursday, 8 September 2011

Preparations for cousin hunting

I may not have posted this week, but I have been busy getting things ready.  I have started adding to two of the pages:  Resources and Tutorials.  These pages are by no means finished and are a work in progress.

In addition, I have been attempting to help the search engine spiders (I really don't have much of a clue what these are, but I read about them a lot!) find the blog and hence the lost cousin names.  My search engine optimisation techniques are not advanced, but I do know that providing "backlinks" is essential - basically the more I can promote the blog on other sites, with a link to it, the more the great search engine gods love it.  So, I have been busily adding the blog name and link on various site, like Hubpages, to get help it get a lift.

Finally, I have been looking into the best way to add a message board or forum to Blogger;  My head is likely to explode with an information overload, but in the event I manage to put it all back together, I should have something in place before the end of September.  It will, of course, be free to use.

I am relying on you all to put forward your own lost cousin names in order that we can get this cousin hunt underway!

2 comments:

Patti said...

Much of what you just wrote went over this very non-techy head of mine. I think your idea is great, though, and I'm all for it. I'm researching several lines (as is most eveyone, I'm sure), and I'm hopeful of connecting with more of my long-lost cousins.

Do you have a blog button? If you do, I would love to add it to my sidebar. Let me know if you create one, and I'll add it.

Blessings to you and the new site,
Patti

Judi Bee said...

Oh Patti, you cannot believe how much goes over my head! Fortunately, I have staying power and eventually some of it trickles in.

I don't have a blog button - hadn't even thought of having one - but have now put it on my "to do" list - you will definitely be the first to know when I have one.

Post a Comment

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting